LSC Covid-19 Update, May 16 2020
Following the Government's lifting of some of the lockdown restrictions, and a risk assessment and mitigation measures put in place, we are delighted to be starting a phased reopening of Langstone Sailing Club. This reopening is on a pilot basis and variations will be made with experience and further government or RYA advice - both tightening and relaxing of the restrictions are possible. The latest advice will be found at: www.langstonesc.org.uk/club/covid-19-response
Please read all the text below before coming to the club:
1. From 07:00 tomorrow, Sunday 17th May the Club will be open for access to the water for permitted exercise in dinghies, cruisers and other watercraft.
2. Access will be allowed to: the car park, boat park, wooden boatshed, slipway and tender pens.
3. The Clubroom, bar, restaurant, upper terrace and changing rooms remain CLOSED to members. The only access upstairs is for equipment maintenance and committee members accessing the office.
4. The toilets are open subject to: only one person in each toilet area at a time (Mens/Ladies/Disabled). Wash or sanitise your hands before you enter and wash your hands before exit.
5. Please bring your own antiviral gel/wipes and use them on any communal surfaces.
6. You must be self-sufficient with people from within your household for; launch, sailing and recovery. Please do not go out if you need external help, for example to recover your boat.
7. Please travel in your sailing kit or be prepared to change discreetly in the car park.
8. Club dinghies will be NOT available for hire and club motor boats are not available.
9. Please do not touch other people's equipment.
10. No overnight stays on boats either ashore or on the water
1. Please be prepared to queue to launch or recover, especially at busy times.
2. Only one household launching or recovering at one time - please wait until the slipway is clear.
3. Keep to the right on the slipway.
6. Washdown facilities should only be used by one household at a time.
7. The pontoon should only be used by one household at a time.
8. Picnic benches and tables will not be available.
1. No organised racing or training at present.
2. No Safety boats will be available.
3. Single handers, or 2-handed dinghies with helm and crew from same household, can sail.
4. Single handers might sail with a buddy dinghy for safety.
5. Cruisers can do same-day sailing from home berth with crew from same household.
6.Tenders must only carry people from the same household.
7. Sailors make their own decision whether to sail, but the Club recommends adhering to an upper wind speed limit of 16 knots (maximum of force 4 on Beaufort scale).
8. The Club recommends that dinghies, SUPs, kayaks etc stay within sight of the Club at all times.
9. Once finished and packed away please leave the site promptly.
1. Lift-in 2020 will potentially commence on Wednesday 20th May with a reduced number of launches each day - affected owners will be contacted individually and informed of the schedule and CovidSecure launch procedure that will be used.
2. Due to the reduced intensity the slipway will still be available for other users during lift-in. Please be mindful of boat movements with the tractor and follow government guidelines at all times.
3. Tractor and hoist operators must contact Mooring & Berthing Officer for specific Covid-19 requirements before operating equipment.
1. All areas and equipment at LSC are a potential source of infection - please follow Government guidelines and respect 2m social distancing AT ALL TIMES
2. Do not come to LSC if you or any member of your household feels unwell
3. If you feel unwell whilst at LSC please go home immediately
4. If you are confirmed Covid-19 positive within 7 days of your last visit to LSC, please advise the club.
4. Regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitisers.
5. The Club will not be able to enforce the guidance above and so we rely on all members' judgement and courtesy to ensure that these guidelines work for all.
6. It is members' responsibility to keep themselves safe, and they choose to come to LSC and get on the water at their own risk.
1. Latest guidance will always be on the LSC website, www.langstonesc.org.uk/club/covid-19-response - please check regularly and before coming to the club.
2. For any questions or comments around the LSC Covid response, please email email@example.com
3.This is an evolving situation. We will continue to monitor all Government, RYA, Chichester Harbour Conservancy and other related announcements and keep you informed of any changes. More details and information will be published as they become available.
4.The Club encourages everyone to be considerate and conservative in their actions in and around the Club.
We hope this will be the start of another enjoyable if somewhat delayed season.
With best wishes
Your General Committee
Last updated 09:46 on 17 May 2020