JW.lite 2020 - NEW -
LSC JuniorWeek.lite Program
As previously advertised, our very reduced JuniorWeek.lite is taking place the week of 3rd Aug 2020.
The week will run as a set of daily sessions which are independent - it is possible to attend some days and not others. There is no RYA training and a strict restriction on the skill level of stage 3 and above - and all participants sharing a boat must be from the same household. Parents can accompany children as long as somebody in each boat has the required level. Please do tell us if you are coming and don't just turn up on the day - we need to ensure we have sufficient safety cover. You also need to complete the 2020 LSC Junior Consent Form.
Depending on numbers we are looking to have 2 safety boats plus our launch Sinbad on the water. Safety boat crews will be same-household and experienced sailors and safety boat users - to ensure that any assistance can be carried out within Covid guidelines wherever possible.
We are driven by the tides - so each day is a little later :
Mon 10:30 meet, finish around 14:30
Tue 11:00 meet, finish around 15:00
Wed 12:00 meet, finish around 16:00
Thur 12:30 meet, finish around 16:30
Fri 13:00 meet, finish around 17:00
Please remember to arrive at the club ready to sail or change in your car or the boatpark.
Activities will be chosen for the day, depending on the weather and participants.
Covid-19 has had a major effect on our Junior Week planning and changed a number of things from how we usually operate. Please remember that this year:
- Before leaving for the club each day, please check if any member of the household has any symptoms of Covid-19 or suspects they may be infected. If so, please do not come to the club.
- Parents/guardians will have to remain on site in case we finish early or a child has to be brought in for any reason.
- Each household should rig, launch and recover their own boats. It is very tempting to offer to help, but that is not permissible under Covid rules.
- Clubroom and changing rooms are closed - only toilets are available.
- Please badge in when you arrive at the club - either at one of the entrance barriers in the car park or one of the club doors. This will be the attendance record for NHS Test and Trace.
- All government guidelines must be respected at all times - we are adhering to the RYA policy of being Conservative and Considerate to keep everybody as safe as possible.
- Please do NOT swap club boats or swap equipment from one to another.
- This is not a formal training course - it is an opportunity to provide independent sailors time on the water.
Last updated 17:07 on 12 November 2020