LSC COVID-19 UPDATE Thursday 7th January 2021
Published 11:17 on 20 Dec 2020
LSC Covid-19 Update, January 7th 2021
As we are all only too aware, the whole country, (barring some islands) is in lockdown or Tier 5 as it is now being called. It seems likely there will be little change in the next 6 weeks, or even until late March according to some. We are all being asked to stay at home.
Langstone Sailing Club is now completely closed and we ask that you do not come at all, except in very limited circumstances.
You can visit the club only:
Rules regarding taking exercise in boats are rather confusing but currently it seems that you can launch a craft from a public slipway. This means you would have to bring it from home as you cannot visit the boat park except as above.
This notice is the interpretation of the Covid Taskforce. As ever, the Government guidance can change unexpectedly and it is up to members to be aware of the current position.
The Covid team may be contacted by emailing email@example.com
Tim Wilyman, Commodore
7th January 2021
LSC Covid-19 Update, December 20th, 2020
Hello everyone, me again. I imagine you are almost as tired of getting these updates as I am of sending them. Well, Langstone Sailing Club is now in Tier 4 after just one day in Tier 3. As always, all members are subject to all rules and laws laid down by the government and now specifically:
The above is the interpretation of the Covid Taskforce. As ever, the Government guidance can change unexpectedly and it is up to members to be aware of the current position
Tim Wilyman, Commodore
20th December 2020
COVID update Wed 2nd December 2020
There has been a little confusion as to when the next stage started. It seems it is 2nd, not 3rd as gov.uk originally advised.
From today, Langstone Sailing Club is in Tier 2, so all members are subject to all rules and laws laid down by the government and specifically:
- Access your cruiser
- Launch and recover cruisers subject to direction by Mooring & Berthing
- Access and use your dinghy as you wish
- Use the club toilets
- Access the wooden boat shed
- Come to the club if you or any member of your household is displaying symptoms
- Access any other parts of the building
- Use the galley or bar for any reason
- Stay overnight on your boat
- All the rules for sailing in a socially distanced way which were in force until the November lockdown remain, so for winter dinghy sailing these must be observed.
- You must observe social distancing when mixing with others. The maximum number who may gather together outside is six.
- Only members of one family group may use ladies or gents toilet at any one time.
Tim Wilyman, Commodore 2nd December
Last updated 19:30 on 7 January 2021