Langstone Sailing Club : Proposed Extension to the club house
Published 12:31 on 30 Nov 2018
The General Committee have approved a budget for a small extension to the club house, to include improvements to the ladies changing facilities and provide better access to the galley store room, (currently accessed through the ladies toilets).
- The proposed Extension will be on the flat roof above the existing foyer, and will be built with the clubs self help ethos. This will then house the office.
- The next step would be to move the galley storeroom into the existing office space, being next to the galley would be a great improvement to catering facilities.
- Moving the galley store allows for a major upgrade to the ladies changing facility ( currently a squash and a squeeze), this will include sorting out the current drainage problems.
- Consideration has been given to future development of the club
- A pre-planning application meeting with Lewis Oliver (Havant, principle planning officer) was very positive.
- We have also had a pre-planning meeting with Steve Lawrence (Chichester Harbour Conservancy) also positive.
- An Architect has been instructed to produce drawing for the planning application.
- The proposed new layout is available to view on the notice board.
Contact : Ray Watterson
Last updated 22:49 on 19 April 2019